title

Motorcycles, tools, and garages! A little bit of everything mechanical and technical.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Mind Tricks.

Do you remember things that nobody else does? For example, I can recal with great clarity going out to play one morning. For some reason we had some people over for a big meal, but it seems like the meal was a breafast. Maybe someone was visiting from afar? I dont remember that part.

Anyways, I went out to play. On this particular day I found myself in the lean-to part of the barn where the pig food and old pull-type combine were stored. I dont remember if I had just fed the pigs (my chore at the farm) but I was running up the conveyor belt on the combine like it was a tread mill.

Next thing I know I'm hanging face down by my shirt, which had snagged on one of the blades on the front of the combine as I had slid accross them. I couldnt reach the ground, the combine, or my shirt, so of course I did the only thing any self respecting 6(?) year old would do- screamed bloody murder! Someone (dad, i think it was you, but my memory is kind of foggy on this part) eventually came running out and unhooked me from the combine.

I dont think I ever played on that combine again...

1 comment:

TnT said...

There are some things I am soooo glad I don't remember! Do you remember when you and Andy were playing in the big shed and you came into the house and Andy had a huge dent in his head? I have always felt guilty that I didn't tell his mom about it! I worry to this day that he sustained brain damage!