I downloaded and printed my first "thingy" from thingiverse the other day- the "birdstruder". Noticed my extruder idler was cracking!
It was still working, but occasionally the filament would slip and the
print would skip. Here's where thingiverse comes in- downloaded and printed this little gizmo to replace the Maker Gear plastruder. The new one is even quick change
Parts freshly printed:
Assembly (you can probably see why its called the birdstruder):
Installed, tested, and working!
Pretty happy with it so far, seems to be much better designed and I love
the tool-less filament change now. Took a tad bit of dremel-ing to get
things to fit perfect but overall it was pretty darn close.Had to buy 2 longer screws and nuts to go with them, for a grand total of something like 78 cents. Can't argue with that!
Tech 2 has been working on their "big" projects. Went back and forth with a few different ideas of what they could do but in the end here's what we decided.
I gave them some real basic guidelines- must have at least 3 different
parts, one of which must "move". So far we have 3 Ipone / Ipod cases, a
pair of glasses, a boat anchor and winch, 2 lego people, a folding lawn
chair, and an airplane. This oughta be interesting... Hoping to start a batch printing tomorrow, because we've only got a week and a half of school left!!!