title

Motorcycles, tools, and garages! A little bit of everything mechanical and technical.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

temptations...

In the middle of each January, I get a bill. I kind of like this bill, as it is a sign of spring. When the bill comes, it makes me think of spring and summer and fall, nice weather, barbecues, and the wind in your face. Yes, this bill is the insurance renewal for my motorcycle.
Of course, thinking about spring and summer and fall, nice weather, barbecues, and the wind in your face can make one quite grumpy. Especially when the motorcycle is locked in the shop awaiting those spring and summer and fall days, awaiting a time void of slush and mud and cold and snow. I just cant decide weather or not I like those tempting little morsels of joy on the horizon... As mamma always used to say, be happy with what you've got, not sad for what you've not. Or something like that. Mmmm. I love heavy wet snow.

1 comment:

stevenot said...

Do you suspend your insurance for the winter? If you pay for one year, you can usually stretch it close to two by putting it on suspend when you're not gonna be using it. "Just listen to your heart... Thats what I do!"