Back to our home built hit and miss engine model. Here's what we're starting with:
Ordered all of these on ebay. Need to check and see what the alloy is, but whatever it is its darn soft and machine very easily.
This is a shakedown run- testing how much I've forgotten since college
and seeing how sucky this lathe really is. Turns out I don't remember
much... It also turns out that my lathe needed some tweaking but I didn't figure that out until later. *sigh*
Machined it down, lazily marked a few spots and drilled some holes.
Parting off the head. Took FOREVER. Need to align the tool- sits too low.
Head and cylinder.
Tapped the holes.
Teensy plug I'll be using:
Fits together quite nicely!
Plan is to use some soft copper sheet I have as a gasket. Now the hard
part begins- figuring out how to get the piston and valves in there.
So far this is LOTSA fun- many things are starting to come back to me. Really enjoying being able to make chips fly, but I've got a loonnngggg ways to go before its up to par.