title

Motorcycles, tools, and garages! A little bit of everything mechanical and technical.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Custom Hot Wheels- Steampunk 2-4-2 #3

And in the category of trying something new, why not spin some walnut wheels up for it on the lathe!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First attempt at the skinny sets. Didn't work out the way I wanted so they got remade.

[​IMG]
Drive wheels were a different story. I wanted some tractor lug style patterns but have never been able to find anything close, so here's what I came up with.

[​IMG]

See the wire? Yeah. Thats the lug burner...

[​IMG]

Result:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't like these ones either, so I redid them with a bigger chunk of walnut and a different lug burner made out of a sliver of sheet metal. Pattern came out great.

Here's roughly what I'm shooting for.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't care to count how many hours I already have into it at this point... *sigh*

No comments: