Well, after several conversations with several different people including the company that sold it to me, we picked a course of action and got it (mostly) done last Saturday. I'm REALLY running out of time, and the weather is NOT cooperating this week. Was hoping to have the little bits finished off but here's where I'm at so far...
Got all the shingles shoved off in the evenings over the week.
Got back from camping with the scouts around 10:30 and the help showed
up at 11:00. Cleaned the roof up a bit, got rid of missed nails, etc.
Restacked the tin so it was all straight and even and pre-drilled holes
through the whole stack. Got the water / ice barrier laid down around
the edges, and started hoisting chunks of metal. We ran a string at the
bottom, tacked the first 5 sheets together but not to the roof, got it
all square, then started screwing 'em down.
I was a little perturbed that my the first couple of sheets got some
nice scratches in them as they were pulled off the pile, but no
complaints as the help was, er, VERY affordable... :) Got a process in
place for pulling sheets and all was good.
Trimming up the ends. Turns out one side was 4" SHORTER than the other. Thank goodness I measured the long side!
Most of the tin down. Still have a little sliver on each side at the
outside edge, the ridge cap, and the house flashing to put down. Oh,
and the vents...
By this time I was beat and had other things that needed to get done
too. I finally looked at the forecast later that evening, and it
SUCKED. Decided to tack the ridgecap on real quick- spent an hour
looking for the dang nut driver and finally had to go buy a new one.
Got it tacked on though, and good thing because its been raining and
SNOWING this week. Haven't dared get back up there when its wet to
finish the last couple of pieces off...
And thats where it still sits. Hoping to get up there tomorrow. It's gotta be done this weekend no matter what unfortunately.