title

Motorcycles, tools, and garages! A little bit of everything mechanical and technical.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

"CompuStow"

This year has been pretty rough as far as reserving the computer lab goes...  There were a lot of changes this year and as a result all of the available computer labs got booked over the periods that I was supposed to have access to them.  Makes it really hard when the only one I have access to is the Library, and half the teachers in the school are fighting for it too!

In the last 3 years, I've managed to go from 1 1/2 working computers in my classroom to 14.  This was plenty for Lego Robotics because we work in pairs.  When I do my CAD unit or if we need to do any individual computer time, I would have to schedule a lab.  I was out of space to add more computers, and then I had a *ligghhhttt bullllbb!* moment.  I call it the CompuStow.


Photobucket
Photobucket 

Still have a lot of things I want to do with it, but it's useable!  Need to do something with the cords and put some handles on it to make it easier to get in and out. 

Storing the computers like this will give me more computers without taking away any of my shop workspace.  Plan on trying out these two for awhile to see how it works, then if I can scrounge up a few more flat screen monitors, I'd like to do the 4 computers I already have taking up one full table and maybe 2 more after that, bringing my total to 19 computers.

Some work in progress pics:

  Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket And what it was SUPPOSED to look like... I was hoping to get the smaller flat screen monitors that have the computer mounted to the back of them, but that didnt work out. Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Just for fun, the rest of the computer lab.

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: