My principle asked me if I could come up with some sort of system to let people know if one of our handicapped bathrooms was occupied. I kicked around a few ideas and came up with this.
Been awhile since I've used the printer so I fired it up...
Dang, the MM 2.0 is just tooooo fast. Let me slow that down a bit.
These were supposed to be test prints checking for size, but I decided they were plenty good enough, even running at 121% of maximum speed!
Here's the rest of the sign for the bathroom... Left goes on the outside, right on the inside.
Bar will go through a hole in the door, then the covers go over the
dials and are screwed to the door. That way, you can tell from inside
the bathroom what it says outside.
Little rough for a print, but again, I was running pretty darn fast.
Cleaned them up a bit with an acetone fuming,
Slapped some paint on the disks,
and gathered up all the parts.
Tried gluing in a clear piece of plastic to prevent kids from sticking a
pencil in there and turning it from the outside... We'll see how long
Drill a hole in a perfectly good door,
Put the bar in the front disk and slide it through,
and screw the cover on over top.
On the back:
Put the knob on,
and screw it's cover on.
There you go!
Guess we'll see if it works or not.
Thats the best part about the printer- I can make changes and run off a new copy in just a few minutes. Glad that I've been able to use the printer around the school for more than just student projects!