title

Motorcycles, tools, and garages! A little bit of everything mechanical and technical.

Friday, February 01, 2013

Di Acro Brake Radius Fingers, Part 2

Little more done on the radius fingers.  Cut out and welded a cover over the pipe to make it a little more rigid.  When I was testing it, when I clamped the pipe it squashed out a little bit.  I also needed to make the whole thing a little thicker to get more clamping pressure.


Photobucket


Next step was a little more tricky.  Attached two of my mounts, set the pipe in, and lined it up by lifting the folding blade up until it pushed the pipe back evenly.


Photobucket


Couple of quick zaps with my little 110v wire feed and viola!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Still have another mounting bracket to add in the center, and I'm going to make one more just like it but I'm going to cut it up into shorter lengths- maybe a 6" and two 3" fingers.  They will also all get additional supports and more welding, but for what I plan on doing with them even the way this first one sits is probably good enough.


No comments: