title

Motorcycles, tools, and garages! A little bit of everything mechanical and technical.

Monday, February 04, 2013

Di Acro Radius Fingers, Part 3.

Finished them up, and they halfway work!

I made another pipe just like the one in the last post, and added a few extra bar mounts.  The next issue I had to overcome was the fact that with spring back, the brake wouldn't get me anywhere near a 90 degree bend.  Of course, that means drilling more holes and cutting more pieces.


Photobucket

Photobucket


I attached those pieces to the folding blade...

Photobucket


And then welded a rod to them that sticks up maybe 1/4" above the edge of the blade.


Photobucket

The idea being that the bar is up higher than the top of the fingers, and can push the metal being bent past 90 degrees to accomodate for spring back.

Seems to work...


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Those are pics of an aluminum tank I'm working on for my "cafe" racer...  First attempt.  I doubt it will turn out the way I want it, but thats the way the learning process goes.  Gotta make scrap sometimes to make something nice. 

I'm hoping to use the radius fingers for tool box lids, but they are definitely going to need beefing up first.  On my list of things to do.


No comments: